- It is generally used in Rubber & plastic industries as a filler and to make rubber Light and improves tensile strength.
- It is used in Pan-Masala & Gutkha preparation due to soothing action in throat and to make Gutkha powder homogeneous with tobacco, katha, supari.It is basically antacid & laxative. So tobacco user can not suffer from acidity, constipation and Magnesium defficiency in blood .It is also useful for prevention of brittleness of teeth & bone.
- It is used in paper Industries to make paper more white, shiny & smooth.
- It is used in Ink Industries.
- It is used in cosmetic Industries especially in talcum powder, face powder, body powder, etc.
- It is used in preparing soft drinks especially effervescent lemon, ginger etc.
- Due to its marked absorptive powder it is incorporated in special soaps.
- As an anticaking agent in free flow table salts.
- It is extensively used as hot & cold insulation material.
- It is also used in fertilizer industries.
- In pharmaceutical industries it is used as an antacid and laxative, and as a binding agent and filler for tablet preparations.
- Magnesium Carbonate MgCo3 is starting material for manufacturing Magnesium Oxide, MgO.
- Magnesium Carbonate refractory grade is used in Kiln Bricks.
- Magnesium Carbonate food grade is used in confectionary & bubble gum as an antisticking agent.
- Magnesium Carbonate Light Basic extensively use for surgical glows, condoms and other Latex Rubber products.
- It is also used in ceramic industries, kitchen wares & crockeries.
- It is used in different filtration techniques & various filtration beds.